ObsCAN Feed You (OCFY)) is a community kitchen initiative that mobilises resources (time, culinary skills, money, community and food) within the neighbourhood of Observatory towards making good nutritious food available to people who need it. We emerged from community-based Covid-19 response action and it is our wish to evolve into a sustained structure of community care. We are situated in a city that is severely food insecure. Through organising around this most basic need, we hope to show our commitment to kindness, solidarity, and community.
We have served breakfast every morning and dinner 4 afternoons each week since August!
We would not exist without the generous time gifted by residents in Observatory, if this project sounds like something you want to be part of, please get involved! We especially need hands over the December period.
- Breakfast making (7-8am every morning)
- Sandwich making (7-8am every morning)
- Breakfast serving and tidying up (8am-9pm every morning)
- Cooking dinner
- Serving dinner
- Promotion and communication and fundraising
- Assist with information and reminders for making a distanced line.
- ***A new job that we have not thought about.****
To find out more and get involved, please contact us on: email firstname.lastname@example.org or whatsapp/call 0825054263